Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business, large or small, retail or B2B. An effective brand strategy gives you a major edge in increasingly competitive markets. But what exactly does “branding” mean? How does it affect a business like yours?
Simply put, your brand is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors’. Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be and who people perceive you to be.
The foundation of your brand is your logo. Your website, packaging and promotional materials–all of which should integrate your logo–communicate your brand.
Planning the strategy for branding is answering how, what, why, whom, which, where and to whom you wish to communicate your brand messages.
Once you have decided on what you have in hand to offer to your customers it’s the time to focus on the branding activities so that they know from where they are purchasing their requirement. If the branding is strong it becomes easy to have an impression in the minds of the customers.
- Get a great logo. You need to have your logo everywhere. On the letterheads, visiting cards, personalized mugs, t-shirts and here is where Brand You can serve you with the best price, quality and commitment without any hassles of visiting various places for different services. We serve you as one stop solution for all your branding activities.
- Integrate your brand. The brand image that you wish to create should be everywhere giving the customer a same message as the other vehicles. Synergy in these messages is to be anticipated. Your website should have content that you can promise on and Brand You can help you the content that you desire for as well.
- Develop a tagline. Write a memorable, meaningful and concise statement that captures the essence of your brand. Place this tagline on all the promotional goodies and get recognition for the tag line as well. For e.g. Tata sky’s tagline which says “isko laga dala toh life jinga lala”. It is attractive and can be remembered. Wherever the customers listen to this tagline or read the sentence is reminded of nothing else but Tata sky, reason being it is promoted in a way that people are aware. Get your taglines everywhere on the website, banners, mugs, signage’s, visiting cards and other promotional products at which the team of Brand You is an expert.
- Design templates and create brand standards for your marketing materials. Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. You don’t need to be fancy, just consistent.
- Be true to your brand. Customers won’t return to you–or refer you to someone else–if you don’t deliver on your brand promise. Gifting t-shirts and mugs to customers and friends who support the business is a good idea to promote the business as well as keeping the brand with the prestige intact.
- Be consistent. The most important phase being the last. If you can’t do this, your attempts at establishing a brand will fail. Once if tumbled it happens really rare that customers would believe in your brand again. So, do all the activities that you can to establish and keep your brand’s image at its best.